Hey there everyone! It's Lisa back with you AGAIN for another fun project (are you tired of me yet? hahha!!). This time I have a Mixed Media Christmas Card for you today. It's super easy to make, so if you're looking for ideas to make a few special cards? This could be the one!
Ready to start? Here we go!
1. First off create the card base. This one is a standard A2 card base. 4¼" x 5½" cut on the long side and scored on the short side. The card FRONT is a panel of watercolor paper that is cut ¾" shorter on two sides.
2. On the card front (using the following Art GRIP® Aquarelles: Gold - 250, Permanent Carmine - 126, Light Cobalt Turquoise - 154, Earth Green Yellowish - 168, and Cold Grey V) scribble the watercolor pencils heavy handedly onto your watercolor paper.
3. Using a paintbrush wet the brush, dab off excess water, then go over each color with the brush.
4. Set your watercolor panel aside to dry and die cut some snowflakes out of matching patterned paper. (After die-cuting, misted the snowflakes with a mixture of Gold Champage Gelatos® and water.)
5. Repurposing packaging is always a lot of fun and using it on a card is EXTRA fun! I rough cut the piece of cardboard to size. and peeled the top layer to reveal some of the wavy bits. :)
Coat with Gesso. Don't forget to get in between the wavy bits. Allow to dry or heat set.
6. Using a mixture of Whipped Spackle and Glass Bead Glitter Gel press a length of cheesecloth into the cardboard with a palette knife. Allow bits of the cheesecloth to hang off the edges. Wrap the other edges around the back and adhere.
7. Attach the corrugated panel to the card base, the card front (after distressing the edges) using foam adhesive to the corrugated panel, adhere mica flakes using Gel Medim, then adhere the snowflakes and any other embellishments.
I didn't take any photos showing how I attached things. I think you all know how to do that. ;)
This card is super easy, though, doesn't take much time, and not a TON of supplies. And, if you wanted to add a sentiment that would be easy enough as well with letter stickers or a stamped sentiment on vellum.
I hope you enjoyed the card and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. ♥
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Supplies:
Glass Bead Glitter Gel
Collapsible Water Cup
Gelatos® Double Scoop® Gold Champagne
GRIP Triangular Sharpener
Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils: Earth Green Yellowish #168, Gold #250 are both in the Green set, Permanent Carmine #126 is in the Red Set, Light Cobalt Turquoise #154 is in the Blue Set, and Cold Grey V is in the Neutral Set.
Snowflakes Stitched Steel Die: Lawn Fawn
Patterned Papers: Pink Paislee
Embellishments: Kaisercraft, Martha Stewart, Stampin’ Up
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®