Hi everyone! My name is Daniela Dobson and I am so excited to be sharing my first guest design team project with you! I am starting to decorate for Fall and I noticed that I was missing some personal touches and my own creative pieces around the house. That is how this little 4 x 4 inch altered coaster became a permanent display piece. This is a coaster from a restaurant that I got long time ago. You can use a piece of chipboard from a cereal boxes that you cut to the size you want.
2. Add water to blend all the colors. Leave some white showing in places.
3. Add Gold Champagne Gelatos™ and Silver Ice Gelatos™ to the edges and bled using your finger.
4. Add ink using Stamper’s Big Brush Pen Dark Naples Ochre (BB#184) to the back of a rubber stamp.
5. Stamp on the background.
6. Add Metallic Melon Gelatos™ to the edges using a stencil. Blend with your fingers.
8. For the flower, scribble Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils (Aqua#126, 176, 115, 105) on a scrap piece of paper. Add water with a paintbrush to mix the colors and paint the flower. Paint the pearl center with Stamper’s Big Brush Pen Pale Geranium Lake (BB#121) and Stamper’s Big Brush Pen Dark Naples Ochre (BB#184). Stamp fabric tag with leaves and Stamper’s Big Brush Pen Dark Naples Ochre (BB#184).
- 9. Wrap twine around the coaster and tie in a bow. Adhere tag, leaf and flower. Stamp sentiment on Kraft cardstock and cut out. Add Gold Champagne Gelatos™ to the edges and adhere to the front. Add some washi tape to a pin and tuck behind the flower.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®
Coaster or chipboard
Liquitex Acrylic Gesso
Impression Obsession stamps (Count Your Blessings, French Ledger, Fall/Winter Border)
Maya Road tag
Prima flower and leaf
The Crafters Workshop template
Therm O Web Adhesive
Freckled Fawn Washi tape
Plaid paint Taffy
My name is Daniela and I live in Dallas, TX. I am married to Peter and we have a little boy, Alex, who is 4 years old. He keeps me busy and my days are filled taking care of him. I have been scrapbooking and stamping for over 10 years. I love recording every day moments, especially now, with my son. I like using a variety of products and techniques to create lasting memories.