Hi everyone! Jill Foster here with a faux watercolor technique. It's easy to get the look of a watercolor painting with your favorite Design Memory Craft Products! Here's a look at two cards featuring this technique:
1. Color stamp using Stamper's Big Brush Markers. I used brush stroke stamps by Penny Black. They are perfect to create this look. Color heavily and work quickly.
2. Spritz stamp lightly with water. Stamp onto heavy cardstock.
3. Trace around stamped image lightly and imperfectly with fine-tipped black PITT® Artist Pen. You can also add shading to the interior of the stamped image, for example, I added dots to the center of the sunflowers.
4. Add additional shading to stamped images using Stamper's Big Brush Markers. Work in small sections and blend with fingertip.
5. Color with Stamper's Big Brush Marker onto acrylic block. Spritz with water. Dip paint brush into ink and flick onto stamped image.
6. Now this simple step will add some major "wow factor" to your image: Color along one side of your stamped image using the grey Pastel Pencil. Blend lightly with fingertip.