Hi, Mou here with today's project... a layout on an 8"x10" canvas.
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Supplies: Gelatos in various colors, Pastel Pencils, PITT® artist pens and Gesso (from the Textural Accents Sampler), blending stump or foam wedge (from the Essential Tool Kit); Other supplies include Helvetica 3" alphabet stencils, buttons, photo, pencil, and adhesive.
Let's get started!
- Trace the letters A,B and C along the left edge of the canvas with pencil.
- Rub Gelatos in your chosen colors around the traced letters. Blend in using foam wedge or blending stump. Keep adding and blending colors till you are satisfied with the layered coloring.
- Color in a rectangle to the right of the ABC block to create a visual matte for the photo.
- Attach photo and using gelato color around the photo.
- Blend the colors with white gesso.
- Doodle in details and mute the details somewhat with a thin layer of gesso.
- Add the title and journaling with PITT® Artist pens. Add more color by filling in parts of the handwritten title and journaling.
- Add buttons in layers above the photo to finish the canvas.
Hope you enjoy reading about my project and give it a try :)