Hello Blogosphere! It's Tiffany here with a Photo Tutorial! Lately, I've been using my Glaze like CRAZY! I love mixing Glaze & Gelatos® to create a fun shiny coating on everything from cork to embellishments.
- Gelatos (black licorice, boysenberry, squid ink, bubblegum)
- Gelatos Tool Set
- Collapsible Water Cup
- Heidi Swapp's Artisan Pieces (square frames)
- We R Memory Keepers Albums Made Easy (Inked Rose)
- White Cardstock
- Washi Tape
- Corner Rounder
1. I had a bunch of leftover inserts from a mini album I made for my mom, so I used these instead of patterned papers.
2. To make Navy Gelatos or any custom shade, mix different colors! For Navy, I mixed Boysenberry, Squid Ink, and a little black licorice. I like to mix in a palette because you can color the Gelatos directly into the small wells.
3. Mix color with a Glaze until it gets a glue-like consistency. Now, paint onto your embellishments!
4. Now, you have a custom colored embellishment!
5. For a fun splatter effect, create a Gelatos wash. I like to use the dropper from the Gelatos Tool Set to slowly add small amounts of water to my washes. It's full-proof blending! Then, I take the small stipple brush, soak it into the wash, and tap the brush across my paper. Try adding Glaze to your wash before splattering! They'll come out shiny & you can use it as a resist to other mediums!
Thanks so much for stopping by,