Hi everyone it's Lisa here with a new tag that I made using a BUNCH of stuff in a few new ways! Let me show you what I did to create this:
1. Start with a manila tag that is 4⅛“ x 8 ½ “. Tear a few pieces of patterned tissue paper and adhere to tag using Gel Medium on both sides of tissue paper.
2. Coat tag with Gelatos® from the Pastels collection: Peach, Earl Grey, Watermelon, Fig, Elderberry, and Buttercream.
Not pictured: Spritz tag with mixture made from water and Texture Luxe™ Pearl and combined/mixed in mister from Gelatos® Mist Maker Set.
3. Place hexagon stencil from (Stencil 101 pack) on top of tag while still damp and rub open area with paper towel or rag to reveal open area. Using pastel pencil #226 from the PITT Pastel Pencil Set in Red/Yellow shade the outer areas of the hexagons.
4. Using the same stencil, but the smallest hexagons, place the stencil back on the tag and smooth some Whipped Spackle over the upper right hand corner of the tag using a palette knife.
5. Using another pastel pencil in black #199 from the PITT Pastel Pencils in Neutral add shading around various images on tissue paper.
6. Create a loose circular "nest" from vintage gold string and use dots/dabs of Texture Gems™ Ice to hold in place.
7. Smear with finger the same Texture Gems™ Ice and embed flecks of Gold Glass glitter. Tap off excess. Allow to dry thoroughly.
8. Stamp sentiment and bird (lifting off some ink off bird, if possible to create more of a ghost-type image).
9. Distress edges of tag and go around edge with Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Black #199.
Here is a close-up for you!
Wouldn't this be a great tag to give to someone to lift their spirits? Or as a just because on a bag of cookies or something sweet for a friend? Tags are a great way to try techniques and so fun to give instead of a card! And there's tons of room to write a personal message on the back. :) Do you like to create tags, too?
Enjoy your weekend everyone and thanks so much for joining me today!
Texture Luxe™ Pearl
Texture Gems™ Ice
Stencil 101 pack
PITT Pastel Pencils - Red/Yellow
PITT Pastel Pencils - Neutral
Gelatos® Colors 15 Ct: PASTELS (Watermelon, Earl Grey, Peach, Elderberry, Fig, Buttercream)
Gelatos® Mist Maker Set
Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Black #199
(Stamps by Donna Downey)