Hello Blogosphere! It's Tiffany here with a photo tutorial for ya! I've made 5 of these for each state my husband and I have moved to! Here's what you'll need for this tutorial:
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Gel Medium
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Gesso
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Chalkboard Paint
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Whipped Spackle
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® PITT Pastel Pencils
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Stamper's Big Brush Pens (Pink Madder, Light Flesh)
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Artist Pen (White)
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Gelatos® Tool Set
- Hazel & Ruby Wrap It Up! paper (Crazy for Chevy Corals)
- 10"x10" Wood Cut
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Dots Repositional Refillable
1. Add a coat of Gel Medium with a foam brush to adhere wrapping paper.
2. Apply Wrapping Paper burnishing out all the air bubbles with a spatula. Allow to dry.
3. Add a thin coat of Gesso. Allow to dry.
4. Adhere a state cut-out or mask (I used the state face font and my Sizzix eClips to cut this LA mask) using repositionable adhesive (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Dots Repositional Refillable) & trace outline of state. You can also freehand this part ;)
5. Paint entire State area with Chalkboard Paint. I like to outline the state and get the little details with a small angular brush first. Dry
6. Once dry, you can add PITT Pastel Pencil, Whipped Spackle, and/or White Stamper's Artist Pen accents. Try coloring dried Whipped Spackle with the Stamper's Big Brush Pens!
So, here are some things I LOVE about our Chalkboard Paint that you may not find in others... It's a medium block matte color, so it looks almost like deep slate when it's dry! It also has more grit and texture to it lending to a truer chalkboard finish. It's VERY opaque, so a little goes a long way! You don't need any special finish to color it once it's dry!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial,