Hi everyone! Lisa with you this crafty Wednesday to share a little Mixed Media piece I made.
When I was making this I wanted to just use stuff from my stash, things I hadn't used, and create in a netutral color palette. Try to keep it fairly simple, but just go where the art lead me. Y'know?
1. Starting with the scrap of MDF (medium-density fibreboard) - which was already cut to 4 x 6" - I coated it with a thin layer of Gesso. Then apply pieces of patterned tissue paper using Gel Medium to adhere the tissure to the board. And apply another coat of Gel Medium on top. Allow to dry.
2. Once dried tear the overhanging pieces of tissue off.
3. Create custom colored Glaze by cutting off a chunk of Gelato® Double Scoop® in Gold Champagne and mixing it with Glaze. Mix with palette knife from tool set.
4. Apply Custom Glaze with brayer for even coverage (or whatever YOU prefer). Then utilize the palette knife to lightly "draw" vertical and horizontal lines into the Glaze while still wet to create texture. Allow to dry.
5. Add melted Paper Crafter Crayons™ in Neutrals, Oranges, and a pop of Red.
6. Pull out your stash of embellishments and add them wherever you find it pleasing to the eye. Create your quote using letter stickers (covering with Gel Medium) and add additional color from the Paper Crafter Crayons™ where needed. And that's IT!
Thanks for joing me today!
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®:
Glaze #770304, Gesso #770302, Gel Medium #770303
Gelatos® Double Scoop® - Gold Champagne #770266
Paper Crafter Crayons™ Neutral #770522 Red/Yellow #770520
Gelatos® Tool Set #770312