We’re hopping with May Arts this week! We’re so excited to be partnering again with them and crafting with their fabulous ribbons.
Are you ready for an inspiration filled week with giveaways? Here’s how you can enter: Stop by our blog and the May Arts blog each day this week and leave a comment. Two winners will win $50 of product from us, and 3 spools of ribbons from May Arts.
Hi everyone it's Rita AND Lisa here with you today with two FABULOUS projects to show you today.
First off it's Lisa's turn to share her project!
Hi crafty friends! It's been quite an exciting week here on the blog with all of the beautiful projects featuring May Arts. Isn't my canvas fun with those little roses creating that heart? As usual, I try not to make it difficult. Let me show you how:
1. Coat the burlap canvas in Gesso. Not completely. Being sure to leave some of the burlap showing through.
2, 3. Using May Arts Rose Trim and a large die-cut heart, peel the paper backing from the trim (it's adhesive!) and apply to heart.
4. Once complete, spritz trim with water. Then using sponge "pounce" Gold Texture Luxe into surface of Rose Trim.
5. Once Texture Luxe has been smooshed into the rose it should be air dried. The Texture Luxe dries quickly so this shouldn't be an issue (for you impatient crafters like me).
6. Add Gelato® colors to the background. Gold, Cotton Candy, and Bubble Gum were initially used, but I found them too bright. So I toned them down with some Metallic Melon and even some Red Cherry.
7. Rub and blend the Gelatos® in with your fingers, paintbrush, or baby wipe to blend.
8. Place stencil over background and use either sponge or palette knife with Gold Texture Luxe to create background image.
9. I liked the look of the Red Cherry Gelato® so much in contrast to the May Arts Aqua ribbon (which I had wrapped around one side along with a piece of May Arts Jute) that I also added more of the Red Cherry to the heart and misted it to make it more red.
10. Sticker letters were added to spell out my quote: "To thine own self be true". I picked this quote for Valentine's Day because I think you need to love yourself first before you can love anyone else. ♥
11. The quote was coated with Gel Medium to give it staying power.
12. Using a piece of Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Adhesive Sheets, portions of "stickiness" were applied to the background and lifted off. Then Fab Foil was applied to the sticky part and rubbed with a bone folder (according to directions.) Once lifted the shimmery part is left behind. Very cool!
I hope you liked this project as much as I did. Aren't those little roses cute? And adding the Texture Luxe is so perfect to make them really shabby chic.
Here are the products that I used today:
From Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®:
Textural Accents: Gesso, Gel Medium, Gelatos® Mist Maker Set
Stencil Pack 101, Texture Luxe Gold
Gelatos®: Cotton Candy (Blue Set), Bubble Gum, Red Cherry (Red Set), Metallic Melon (Metallics Set), Gelato® Double Scoop® Gold Champagne
Stamper's Big Brush Pens: Cobalt Green #156 (3-Ct Blue Pack), Black #199
May Arts Ribbon # A487-58-17 5/8" x 5 M 100% Nylon
May Arts Ribbon #HA-78-04 7/8" x 30 Y 100% Polyester
May Arts Ribbon #SM-10 400Y/Roll 100% Jute
Other Products Used: Die-cut Heart, Wow! Fab Foil, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Adhesive Sheets, Letter Stickers.
Hey there artsy peeps Rita Barakat here and today Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft is hopping with May Arts! Today I am sharing how you can add beautiful May Arts ribbons to your art and mixed media projects! And if you leave a comment you could win some fabulous products!
Here’s how you can enter: Stop by our blog and the May Arts blog each day this week and leave a comment. Two winners will win $50 of product from us, and 3 spools of ribbons from May Arts. The hop will close at 11PM on February 15th. The winners will be announced here the next day.
If you are like me and are sew challenged a little scor-tape does a tremendous job keeping beautiful ribbon scrunched up and in place! I used the same tape directly on my little canvas(watercolor paper) to add these pretty little flower ribbon, then I slid it in the pouch (Deflecto). For the artwork I used various Gelatos®Colors, PITT® Artist Pens, Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils, Gesso, the new Texture Gems. Blessings!
Rita Barakat Mixed Media Artist, Illustrator and Designer & Educator. From wall murals to itty bitty minis you can find her work in various hospitals, corporations, family homes, manufacture websites and magazines. She designs for Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®,The Crafters Workshop, DCWV, Deflecto and freelances for a variety of manufacturers