Hi! It's Laura Bray. I love to art journal, don't you? My art journal is a place where I can try out new art techniques, collect quotes, and deal with my daily emotions.
I tried out a new technique that allows me to play with the focal points just as I would with a camera. By blurring some of my flowers and sharpening others, my journal page background has depth and interest. And it's so easy to do!
I started by drawing some simple flower shapes with Gelatos® randomly all over a page. Then I used a foam wedge to rub the color into the page and slightly blur the flower image.
Next, I went back in and added more flower shapes but this time, I didn't rub the color in. This gave me the look of sharp and in focus flowers. Again, I spread them randomly, even overlapping some of my blurred flowers.
Finally, I picked a meaningful quote and lettered it into my art journal using Pitt Artist's Pens.
- Art journal-this can be any book, even just simple sketchbook
- Gelatos®-in the new Iridescent set-Starburst, Stardust, Comet, Blue Moon
- Foam wedge blending tool (found in the Iridescent set)
- Pitt® Artist Pen in Black
- Pitt® Artist Pen in Middle Purple Pink