A card celebrating friends & July Take the Challenge with Mou winners
Hi everyone, Mou here with a card celebrating the friends in our lives!
To make this card, you'll need:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gesso
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos®: Lemon, Green Tea, Pistachio
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pens: Black 199, Scarlet Red 118, Pink Madder Lake 129, Light Cobalt Turquoise 154, Permanent Green Olive 167, Dark Chrome Yellow 109, Orange Glaze 113, Warm Grey IV 273
Others: cardstock; corrugated and woven paper by Die Cuts with A View; muslin fabric, stamps, adhesive
Let me walk you through the steps.
1. Cut and fold cardstock to make a 5.5" x 4.25" card.
2. Trim corrugated paper to 5.25" x 4". Attach to card. With paint brush, apply Gesso to the corrugated surface.
3. Trim woven paper to 4.5" x 3.5". Color lightly with Gelatos. Blend with Gesso. When dry, ink up stamp with Black Stamper's Big Brush pen and stamp on woven paper. Attach to corrugated paper.
4. Apply Gesso to muslin fabric. Let dry. Ink up stamp with Black Stamper's Big Brush pen and stamp on muslin. Color the stamped image with other colors of Stamper's Big Brush pens. Cut a rectangle around the stamped and colored image. Attach to woven paper.
5. Stamp sentiment on cardstock using Black Stamper's Big Brush pen. Add some color with Pink Madder Lake Stamper's Big Brush pen. Cut into a strip. Attach below the muslin piece to finish the card.
Here are some close-up shots of the card:
Hope you enjoyed the little tutorial and thanks for stopping by.
And here are the winners of July 2014 Take the Challenge with Mou:
1. Mou-- This is lovely I just love the steampunk stuff! Gorgeous color combos too!
2. Please forgive me for some reason the link is not working...argh
ck out this one!
Congrats to the winners! You guys inspire me and make it very hard to choose only two projects because I loved them all :) Keep playing!
Mindy and Milagros, please get in touch with Naoko for your prizes. Email her [email@example.com] with July Take the Challenge winners on the subject line.
Will see you all next month with another creative challenge :)