Take the Challenge with Mou, May 2014
Hi everyone, Mou here and welcome to the fifth Take The Challenge of 2014! And also Happy National Scrapbook Day!
If you are new to this blog, let me fill you in about Take the Challenge. Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. We will pick TWO winners from among the readers who participated in that month's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.
How about a product challenge in honor of National Scrapbook Day? As you know, Design Memory Craft is a brand of Faber-Castell that's dedicated to the memory crafters. All the products are archival, permanent, colorfast, non-toxic, and acid-free... in short, they are safe to use with your photos. Your challenge is to create any memory project using at least TWO Design Memory Craft products. You are welcome to use more, but you must use at least two categories (not just two colors of the same category, but two separate categories) from the following:
To be entered to win, please
1. Create any memory project (scrapbook layout, mini book, photo frame, art journal page, etc.) using AT LEAST TWO different Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products.
2. Photograph the products you used and the project you created. Share a link with us in the comments section of the challenge post.
**My apologies in advance to those who don't find Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products in your area. There will be many more non-product challenges in future for you to participate in and win some of these fabulous products -- that's a PROMISE :) If you check back previous Take the Challenge posts, you'll see that we rarely ever do product challenges. I wanted to dedicate this month's challenge to those who support and help advance our brand and show them our appreciation. I hope that you will understand.**
Now, let me share with you my take on the challenge
I did a mini book. Here's a spread from it. This is also an example of how to showcase your project image. Please feel free to post more than one image as not all memory projects can be completely showcased with just one photo.
Here's what I used to create my mini book and a simple example of how to photograph the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products you use
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Designing With Gelatos Kit (This is where the Swatch book, Paintbrush, Gelatos, and Drip Dropper came from)
Others: stamp, tag, diecuts, lace, ribbon, sewing machine
Let me walk you through the steps to create this spread.
1. Gently peel off a little layer from the corrugated cardboard swatch from the Gelatos kit.
2. Gesso the backgrounds.
3. Create washes with Coconut, Cotton Candy, Lemon, and Metallic Melon Gelatos.
4. When dry, machine stitch some lace at the base of the facing pages.
5. Stamp a harlequin pattern using Black Stamper's Big Brush pen to ink the stamp.
6. Attach diecut with Gel Medium and color it with Cotton Candy and Metallic Melon Gelatos.
7. Add a little ribbon to the tag. Attach tag overlapping the diecut with Gel Medium.
8. Color the tag with Lemon and Metallic Melon Gelatos.
9. Use Drip Dropper to drip some diluted Gelato colors down the tag and the facing pages. Let dry thoroughly.
10. Write the journaling on the tag with Black Stamper's Big Brush pen.
11. Attach photo on the facing page. Draw a frame around it with BLACK Essential PITT Artist pen M.
And here's a close up
Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 5/16 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.
The prizes for this challenge is a set of the Designing with Gelatos Kit!
Don't forget to check back on Monday, 5/19 to see if YOU won!
Good luck to all!