Valentine Love Tag
Hi there Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® fans! Lisa back with you today sharing another fun (and a VALENTINE!) project. Well, I think so anyway. ;) I have lots of pictures to share, but don't let that scare you off, okay? GREAT!! Here we go...
1. When I make a project like this I find it's really helpful to kind of "dry fit" the paper I've selected. Usually I take a quick picture with my phone for easy reference when I go to actually put the paper down later.
2. I applied a thin coat of Gesso to one side of this large tag. I wanted my stamping to be really bold and stand out on this light manila tag. Plus, the Gesso also helps any other elements I add really hold up. It primes the tag perfectly.
3. Next I chose 4 colors of my Stamper's Big Brush Pens to work with and scribbled them on them on the back of a very large stamp. I then just stamped the right side of the tag going over it twice.
4. This is the part I really love. Breaking out the Gel Medium. Yay!! I get to put the papers down and start adhering everything. Woohoo!
5. Textural Accents in general really make me smile. I used the new Whipped Spackle on a super pretty stencil on the side of the tag. I only used it on certain portions, but I love the dimension it adds. Definitely on of my fave new products.
Note: It will look like I skipped a lot of steps, but I didn't think you needed photos of me applying stickers. ;) I did do a little stamping on the side of the tag AND I added some of the new Glass Bead Glitter Gel to the center of one of the pieces of paper. I also glued down two paper flowers. Easy peasy! Next up I'll show how to color your own ribbon with Gelatos:
I selected the colors of Gelatos I wanted to use, scribble them onto my work surface, heavily mist them with water, and then run my ribbon through the wet Gelato colors. If the color is not to your liking, you can add a different one, or heavier color. I heat set my ribbon on my work surface, "crinkling" it in my hands as it dries.
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial on how I made my tag. It was a lot of fun to make and I hope you'll try something like this soon, too!
Have a wonderful week and a Happy Valentine's Day on Friday. ♥
Supplies: Stamper's Big Brush Pens - Light Yellow Glaze (104), Cold Grey III (232), Pink Madder Lake(129), Light Cobalt Turquoise (154), Nougat (178), Gelatos® - Mango, Guava, Butter Cream, Textural Accents - Gesso, Gel Medium, Whipped Spackle, Glass Bead Glitter Gel. Tools - Palette Knife.
Other Supplies: Paper (Cosmo Cricket), Stamps (Donna Downey, Impression Obssession), Paper Flowers (Kaisercraft), Stencil (Crafters Workshop).