Favourite Things - Art Journal Page
Hi everyone! This is my first post designing for Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® and I'm so thrilled to be here! Today Im showing you how I created this art journal page titled "Favourite Things". There's alot of pictures and "step by steps" so bear with me ;)
1. I covered the entire surface with random strips of washi tape. This does not have to be perfect, it will be covered up but it just creates a really nice texture to the background.
3. I created my own 'sprays' by cutting up some Gelatos® and mixing them with warm water in the Mist Bottles. I have a bottle in blue, pink and green and they are great for laying down colour and spraying over stencils and masks.
4. Using Gelatos® (and the homemade Gelatos sprays) in Blue, Green and Pink I randomly covered the entire page. I sprayed over a 'circular' mask I made using my hot glue gun. Then I took some dry wall tape and mixed some Gelatos® with water and applied the colour with a dry paintbrush. I continued with the dry wall tape technique using different colours over the entire page.
5. I applied a very heavy layer of green Gelatos® to the bottom of my journal page and sprayed with water, then tipped the page upsidedown to create drips for grass and stems. (sorry couldn't get a great picture). Then I added some clouds using a stencil and Gesso.
6. To add a bit more texture, I applied more Gelatos® through a stencil and then used my finger to distritube the colour.
7. Using Pitt® Artist Pens I created some circles and hearts to create some space for journaling. I used some foam stamps and my handwriting to add some of my favourite things inside the journaling areas.
8. My finishing touches ALWAYS include Stampers Big Brush Pens. I blend out the lines with my fingers.
Well that was a bit of a Gelato® party! lol...I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial, thanks for hanging in there til the end and I hope this inspires you to get messy in your art journal!
Gelatos® Mist Maker Set - Palette Knife & Mist Bottles (770311), Textural Accents - Gesso (770302), Gelatos® - Guava, Bubblegum, Watermelon, Margarita Mix, Lime, Green Tea, Pistachio, Lemon, Mango, Blueberry, Acqua Dolce, Snow Cone. Pitt® Artist Pen in Black (770075), Stampers Big Brush Pens - Light Cobalt Turquiose (154), May Green (170), Cobalt Green (156), Sky Blue (146), White (101).
Other: Journal, stencils (the crafters workshop), washi tape, drywall tape, foam alphabet stamps