Hello friends! Lisa here with you today to bring you a fun and easy card using the Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils. These pencils are my babies (haha!!). I love them and can't recomend them enough. The colors are just luscious and so true. There is no learning curve to using them, either. Just color and wet to blend. Easy peasy!
Here's the cutie card I made for you today to show off (I hope) how great these pencils are.
Isn't he the sweetest thing ever? :) Now how to use the Art GRIP®Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils to color this cutie:
1. What I like to do (because I'm NOT a colorer) is stamp and heat emboss my image. This is only because I really like having the crisp outlines of an embossed image. If you have confidence? Use the Stamper's Big Brush Pen and stamp your image out. :)
2. Once you have a stamped image? Let the coloring begin! I generally choose 3 colors to work with. A dark, a medium, and a light color within a color family. And then I also use white if I need a highlight. I start coloring with the darkest pencil, then the medium, and lastly the lightest. I do most (if not all) of my coloring while the pencil is dry. Once you get the paper wet (*depending on the paper*) it gets harder to RE-color.
(This is my basic coloring succession, as follows):
3. After all the coloring and shading is done, then it is time to BLEND!! And that means add water. Since all of the Aquarelle kits come with a fine tip paintbrush this couldn't be easier. Once the water is added, the beautiful pencil that you've just laid down turns into a super rich, highly pigmented and PERMANENT color that is lightfast and now...waterproof. So awesome.
(check out how beautifully all of those colors are now blended together! *swoon*)
4. Using the same process, I colored his festive hat and his beak and his feet (or flippers...what the heck ARE penguin feet called?!).
5. I added a little sparkle to his hat using some old glitter I had. Just used a glue pen and the glitter and it was the perfect touch.
The finishing touches are always so personal, but I loved using purple/blue with the grey/black so that was how I chose to finish off my card. And since he IS a penguin I had to paper piece him a very sparkly little black tie. :) (Look at my finished card above ↑ )
I hope that you enjoyed my creative process and will be using the Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils for your next holiday cards, too.
I wish you all a wonderful, happy, and creative holiday season. xoxo
Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils: 199, 175, 234, 101, 141, 136, 139, 111, 115.
Art GRIP® Colored Pencils: 199
PITT Artist Pen - Black 199 (Broad tip)
Stamper's Big Brush Pen: Manganese Violet 160, Sky Blue 146
Lawn Fawn Petite Paper Pack – Peace, Joy, Love
Technique Tuesday – Penguin Pals