Hi, Katie here! Autumn is quickly approaching, and it's my favorite time of year. From pumpkin latte's to fall themed cards, I love it! For this project I used my Aquarelles in Autumn-y shades to color in stamped images and then I turned them into earrings.
I love playing with the Aquarelle watercolor pencils. They're so vibrant, and blend together really nice!
1. Using a Stampers Big Brush Pen, stamp your leaves or feathers onto watercolor paper. If you do earrings like mine you will need 12 of the same image.
2. Using your Aquarelle watercolor pencils, color in your stamped leaves. I started with yellow and then used darker colors. Here are the shades I used- #250, 115, 126, 111 & 105.
3. Use a paint brush & water, or a water brush (These are super handy! No messy paint cup sitting around any more!) to apply water onto your aquarelles and slightly blend the colors together.
4. Cut out each individual leaf/feather. Apply a thin coat of a glaze medium to the front of each leaf. Let that dry.
Apply Adhesive to the back of them and stick them back to back so that you get 6 double sided leaves.
5. To create earrings: Punch a small hole in the top of each leaf, and attach a jump ring. Attach 3 jump ringed leaves onto the end of a bead, and the other end of the bead to an earring fish hook.
Stampers Big Brush Pen Warm Grey
Aquarelles #250, 115, 126, 111, 105
Stamps- Bo Bunny Camp-A-Lot
Katie Smith is a published artist currently living in Texas. She loves scrapbooking, sewing, art journaling, mixed media and trying new craft techniques. She has been crafting and creating since she was a young girl, but started her blog, Punk Projects, in January of 2010 where she posts craft tutorials, inspiration and features other artists.
You can find out more about Katie here: Blog, Facebook, Twitter