Stamping and Paper Crafter Crayons™
Hi friends! It's Lisa here with you today with my first post on my second term with Design Memory Craft! Before you ask...yes, I'm still pinching myself. :)
For today's project I wanted to work with my Paper Crafter Crayons™ again. These are really so versatile and I wanted to show another (and SUPER easy) way to use them.
Here's a look, first, at the card and then I'll show you how I made it (did I mention how easy it is?):
1. Using a stamp, Versamark, Gold Embossing powder, and vellum; stamp and heat set 3 or 4 images .
2. Here is an image of 4 of the stamped and embossed gold feathers.
3. Using a Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Nougat, create "low-lights" along the feather's vanes. The markers line can be easily smudged with your finger if it too dark for your liking. Start by coloring using the lightest crayon near the center vane (and next to the Nougat Stamper’s Big Brush Pen). Then use the darkest at the outer edges, with the gold crayon being next. On vellum they blend beautifully! Use the orange Paper Crafter Crayon™ last and blend back toward the other colors. Use your finger or a cloth to really get the colors to blend.
4. Here are the finished feathers. The final step is to fussy-cut them and to assemble the card to your liking. I started to fussy-cut a little early and realized it would be easier if I waited til AFTER they were colored before I cut them. Haha!
5. The reason I stamped four images, but only used three, was sometimes you don't always get the crispest impressions when you stamp or emboss. By doing more than necessary this keeps you from having to go back and do more. And if you have an extra? Bonus!! :)
I hope that this gives you another reason to break out your Paper Crafter Crayons™ and give them a try. I think the colors from the Neutral pack are just perfect for Autumn, don't you? And this really couldn't be easier.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft - Paper Crafter Crayons™ in Neutral, Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Nougat. Gelatos® Gold
Paper - Basic Grey (Persimmon), Glitter Paper - Glitter Silk (Core'dinations)
Stamps - Technique Tuesday (Fly Away), Cork - QuicKutz, Vellum - Simon Says Stamp
Accents - Hero Arts Gold,
Embossing Powder - Ranger
Corner Rounder - We-R-Memory Keepers}
Lisa Adametz I'm a veteran of the United States Air Force and a stay-at-home "mom" to two beautiful Ragdoll kitties.Creativity is in my blood and I've always been making something. Cross-stitch, silk ribbon embroidery...I love the creative process! I first looked into making cards as a way to keep in touch with family and friends after moving to CA in 2008 and wanting more than store-bought cards could offer. In my eyes cards are personal mini-pieces of art and a part of your soul that you are sending through the mail. I love dimension and color. LOTS of color.