Little Yellow Bicycle Blog Hop
Hi everyone, Mou here with today's project! Summer's here bringing with it lazy days, father's day, independence day, road trips, popsicles, lemonade stands and more. Even though there's still a little time before 4th of July, I wanted to make a card celebrating freedom!
To make this card, you'll need:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products
- Gelatos: Gold Champagne, Blood Orange, and Blueberry
- Stamper's Big Brush pen: Black
- Palette knife
Little Yellow Bicycle products
- Vintage Summer 6" x 6" paper pack
- Vintage Summer Stick Pins
- Naturals Burlap Stickers: Flag
- Naturals Cork Alphas: Esfera
- Clear Word Stickers: USA
Cardstock, adhesive, paint brush, stamp
Here are some close-up shots of my card
You can follow these steps to remake this card:
- Attach 6x6 star patterned paper to 6.5" x 5" card and trim off excess.
- Using palette knife, apply gesso on the right half of the card.
- Color the burlap flag stickers with Blood Orange gelato and blend with wet brush. let the flags dry on their clear backing sheet.
- When dry, peel the burlap flag stickers and attach near the bottom of the card.
- Coat the cork alpha stickers with gesso and color with Gold Champagne gelato.
- Cut a small strip of coordinating patterned paper into a banner. Attach it above the burlap stickers.
- Add the sentiment 'Free' on the paper banner. Color the paper with a little bit of Blueberry gelato to make the sentiment stand out.
- When dry, ink up any scripty background stamp with Stamper's Big Brush pen and stamp randomly on the card.
- Attach star stickers on the card.
- Tuck a couple of star stick pins under the paper banner.
- Splatter some gesso, Gold Champagne, and Blueberry gelatos to finish the card.
Hope you enjoyed today's little tutorial. Stop by tomorrow for more inspiration!
Mou Saha Mou won the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame in 2007, was a member of their Dream Team in 2009 and you've seen her work in numerous craft publications. She currently collaborates with 7 Gypsies, Anna Griffin, Glitz Design and October Afternoon.