Gelatos® and Textured Wallpaper
Hi everyone! Jill here with a fun project loaded with tons of texture.
As soon as I saw Donna Downey’s art journaling video I knew I had to get my hands on some textured wallpaper! I picked up a roll at my local home improvement store and grabbed my favorite Gelatos®.
- Cut textured wallpaper to card size and adhere to cardstock.
- Prime the surface with a coat of Gesso.
- Color directly onto the surface with Gelatos®. (I’ve listed my color combos in the supplies below.)
- Lightly mist with water, blend with fingertip, and allow to dry.
- Color with Coconut Gelato® onto raised areas and gently blend with fingertip.
- Spray with a fixative when finished.
Faber-Castell: Stamper’s Big Brush Pen (Black 199), Gelatos® (Coconut, Raspberry-Watermelon-Bubble Gum, Spearmint-Snow Cone-Lime, Banana-Tangerine-Blood Orange), Gesso
Penny Black Stamps: 30-171 Cupcakes
Other: Textured Wallpaper (Lowes Home Improvement Store) Twine, Ribbon (Ribbons Unlimited), Pearls, Krylon Matte Fixative
Jill Foster Always looking for fresh inspiration, Jill turns stamped images into true works of art. As her “Inspired By” blog followers know, Jill has a beautiful style and an unparalleled love of paper crafting. She also designs for Penny Black stamps and loves to share her passion for paper, color and stamping through video and photo tutorials.