Hello everyone, Katie here! The sun is shining where I live (in Texas) and the birds are singing, so I wanted to make a fun Spring inspired mixed media canvas! Is it starting to warm up where you live? If it still feels a bit like winter, hopefully this bright and cheerful canvas will make it more like Spring!
I am currently learning how to play the piano so there is a lot of extra sheet music around my house that I used in this project, but if you don’t have any music, google “sheet music” and there are a lot of free printables that you can use!
1. Cover your canvas in sheet music.
2. With a pencil, lightly sketch circles on top of your sheet music in a polka dot pattern and paint around them with a light coat of white paint or gesso.
3. Outline your circles with Gelatos. I rubbed them in with my finger, but you could also use a paint brush or baby wipe.
4. Use your Stamper's Big White Pen to doodle patterns on top of your Gelatos.
5. Sketch a bird onto your canvas and color in using a black Stampers Big Brush Pen.
6. Finish embellishing. I chose to write out my words on a piece of cardstock using Aquarelles to give them a watercolor look. Then I cut them out and attached them to my canvas. I also added a few flowers and some bling.
Gelatos: Blue, Metallic Mint, Silver
PITT Pen Black sixe Medium
Stampers Big Brush Pen: Black and White
Aquarelles: #115, 126, 125, 124, 119
Katie Smith is a published artist currently living in Texas. She loves scrapbooking, sewing, art journaling, mixed media and trying new craft techniques. She has been crafting and creating since she was a young girl, but started her blog, Punk Projects, in January of 2010 where she posts craft tutorials, inspiration and features other artists.
Flowers: Close to my Heart
Bling: Bo Bunny
Canvas, Sheet music