I want to be an Artist...by Nikky Hall
2. Next I took a silver Gelato and using it dry I splodged it into rough circle shapes using it like a wax crayon. Gelatos warm my heart, I ADORE them! They ARE like a wax crayon but somehow or other... and this bit freaks me out a bit... you can add water and they dissolve! It's just bizarre! But, so COOL!
3. I then rubbed some more Gelato around the edges and then rubbed over with my fingers to smooth it out and give a nice metallic sheen.
4. I then took a scrap piece of red spotty paper and wrote a sentiment on it with a black alcohol pen...
"I want to be an artist to paint pictures just for you, so then when it's your birthday I can send you quite a few"
I love this! I came across this a few years back and I've been waiting to use it, I know it's a Valentine's project but who cares when it comes to art anything goes! I then distressed the paper and rubbed more gold and silver Gelato around all the edges.
5. I then took some crackle paste and edged the whole heart, just being rough and ready and blobbing it around and set it to dry. When I came back the crackle hadn't worked at all but I was left with some great texture anyway so I just rubbed even more silver and gold Gelato over it and round all the edges, mixing it together to give it a nice grungey feel (I find fingers are best for this!) .
6. I was determined to have some crackle so I turned to my Crackle Accents and added that over the sentiment instead. Next I took a stamp from one of my Faber Castell Mixed Media packs and inked it with a gold Metallic Pitt pen and stamped onto the heart randomly just to add some pattern in there.
7. Finally I cut some hessian and decorated the corner, again rubbing Gelato onto the hessian (yes, it works on fabric too!), then I just added some embellies. Finally I made a little ticket and again edged it with the Scarlet Stampers Big Brush Pen and the silver Gelato to tie it all in together.
I think I like it and I think his nibs might do too!
I really hope you'll have a go at making this too - so easy and if you're a little scared when it comes to getting messy this is the perfect way to start!
See you next time!
Love Nikky x
I'm Nikky Hall and I have been crafting all my life. I love using all kinds of different products in my crafting but my favourite is mixing different mediums and finding new techniques and effects - usually by accident! You will find me hanging around all the pens and pencils in any craft store!