Creating a Colorful Scrapbook Background
Hi, Katie here. This is my first project as part of the Design Memory Craft Guest Design Team and I hope you like it! I created the big sunburst on the background of this layout with Gelatos® Colors and Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils. I love the creamy texture of the Gelatos®. They really live up to their name.
Here’s how I created this layout:
1. Lightly sketch out a sunburst with a pencil.
2. Fill in your sunburst with Gelatos® Colors and Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils.
3. Using a wet paint brush, wet your colors. You can blend the colors slightly if you like.
4. Add your photo and any embelishments you want.
5. After I added my photo and embellishments I added what I consider my signature style which is doodling. I grabbed my black PITT® Artist Pens and my black Stamper’s Big Brush Pen and drew the clouds and my title.
• Gelatos® Colors Metallic Blue, Metallic Mint, Butterscotch, Metallic Gold
• Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils #125, #105, #119, #143, #111, #115
• PITT® Artist Pens Black, S, M, B
• Stamper’s Big Brush Pen Black, Pink Madder
Paper: American Crafts,
Border Stickers: SEI
Letter Stickers: Basic Grey
Katie is a published artist currently living in Texas. She loves scrapbooking, sewing, art journaling, mixed media and trying new craft techniques.
She has been crafting and creating since she was a young girl, but started
her blog, Punk Projects, in January of 2010 where she posts craft tutorials,
inspiration and features other artists.