Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® takes all the guess work out of color coordination! I used their amazing products to layer, blend and highlight my stamped image. For the main color in this card, I used the Paper Crafter Crayons (Red/Yellow Mix n’ Match). The package comes with 8 colors, so you could even blend more colors for a beautiful look.
- Stamp wild geranium stamp with
black ink onto smooth white cardstock (since we are using water, make sure
you choose a paper that can withstand some moisture without balling the
- Take first color and start on
the inside of each petal (pink), work with second color (fuscia), third
color (orange), and finally the fourth lightest color (yellow).
3. Color the stem with Stamper’s Big Brush Pens (May Green #170).
4. Color leaves with a base of watercolor pencils, followed by Stamper’s Big Brush Pens in 2 shades of green.
5. Use Stamper’s Big Brush Pen (White #101) and Metallic PITT® Artist Pen (Gold #250) to highlight the leaves as a last step.
6. To make a watercolor background, get a bowl of water, dip your finger in the water and wet the tip of the Gelatos® (Gold, Teal). Apply the Gelatos® to the background by rubbing your finger around in swipes and circles until you achieve the look you want.
7. Stamp sentiment by applying color from Stamper’s Big Brush Pens (Leaf Green #112, Cobalt Turquoise #153) onto the stamp directly, then stamp onto paper.
8. Die cut label and make into a card with ribbon and cardstock.
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Products:
Stamper’s Big Brush Pens (May Green #170, Leaf Green #112, White #101, Cobalt Turquoise #153)
Paper Crafter Crayons (Red/Yellow Mix n’ Match) (Pink, Fuscia, Orange, Yellow)
Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils #166, #168
Metallic PITT® Artist Pen (Gold #250)
Gelatos® (Gold, Teal)
Unity Stamp Company (Wild Geranium, Just Be You)
Spellbinders Paper Arts (Grand Labels Four)
May Arts Ribbon (White)
Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock (Green)
Nina Paper (Smooth White)
Lesley is an active designer in the craft industry, working with manufacturers and product designers to help showcase their innovative and creative products. Lesley creates paper arts, jewelry, and mixed media and has had over 100 projects published in print magazines. In spring 2012, Lesley and her husband opened a Bed & Breakfast called the Arts and Crafts House, which caters to scrapbookers and crafters in Brantford, Ontario.
Visit Lesley's personal blog for more information.