Holiday Blog Hop with Lawn Fawn
Before we wrap up 2012, we’re having a blog hop with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft! Hop with us for last minute Christmas inspirations!
We’re also giving away some amazing prizes: Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft and Lawn Fawn will be giving away $30 in product ($60 total).
The hop will be open until noon (EST) on Friday, 12/21. The winners will be announced on our blogs at 4pm on Friday, 12/21. Here’s how you can win:
- Stop by Lawn Fawn’s blog and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s blog through 12/17- 12/21 (each blog will release 1 post/day) and leave a comment on each. This way, we’ll know you were there.
- Take your time and have fun!
- Want an extra chance to win? Follow and tweet us at @DesignMemCraft for a chance to enter in our daily drawing!
Today we have two crafts from designer Collen McGinty. Wouldn't this adorable box would make a great candy box for the holidays?
Here's how to make it:
1. Cover a paper mache’ box with Fawn Lawn paper. Stamp along the side of the lid of the box “have a sweet Christmas” and 2 tree shapes with Lawn Fawn stamps and Pitt Artist Pen in Black 199, cut out the tree shapes.
2. Use the Fawn Lawn paper to create a folded circle design for the top of the box, use a leaf punch to punch a design.
3. Adhere to the top of the box. Make a ruffle flower with burlap ribbon adhere to the ruffle paper design.
4. Add a large bottle cap to the center of the burlap flower line the inside with the scrapbook paper.
5. Use pop dots to adhere the trees you stamped in the center of the bottle cap.
6. Add gold glitter glue at highlight your design. Fill with a small gift or candy.
1. Trace a bird & wing shape. Use a textured rubbing plate with Design Memory Craft Paper Crafter Crayons in red to color in the bird, turquoise on the wings and outline both in Pitt Artist Metallic Pen Silver 251.
2. Use the Lawn Fawn “Sweet Christmas” heart stamp on the wings using the Stampers Big Brush Pen, deep scarlet red 219, color in the stamped heart with Pitt Artist Pen Ruby Metallic 290.
3. Cut the Lawn Fawn paper to fit the card, adhere. Punch holes for the twine, stamp the “have a sweet Christmas” Lawn Fawn stamps across the bottom of the card with black 199, Use the Stampers Big Brush Pen in cobalt green 156 and the lawn fawn star stamps to create a starry background for the bird, color in the stars with Pitt Artist Pen in silver 251.
4. Use pop dots to adhere the bird and wings, cut a small branch for the birds beak, outline the card stock in silver circles trim, add the star rhinestones, thread the twine through the holes and tie in a bow.
Colleen McGinty Colleen has a rich, eclectic style that she has honed during her 12 years she has worked in-house with us at Faber-Castell. She has been using our products with amazing results on all her paper crafting projects for years! You can also find her on Etsy.