Hi everyone, Mou Saha here with today's project using supplies from Faber Castell Design Memory Craft, Creative Imaginations, and Xyron. With Christmas just around the corner, I'm busy making handmade ornaments to adorn our tree and to include in gifts this year.
Now, let me walk you through the steps.
1. Color a piece of watercolor paper or canvas using the ARTGRIP Aquarelle watercolor pencils from the Mixed Media Aquarelle & Ink: GREEN (#770202) pack.
2. Blend the colors with a wet brush.
3. Ink up a background stamp using the Big Brush Pen # 170 (May Green) from Mixed Media Aquarelle & Ink: GREEN (#770202) pack.
4. Layer the big Christmas tree stencil on the colored and stamped paper/canvas and rub Gelatos (Pistachio and Green Tea) in and around it. Blend gelato colors with a blending tool. Create two trees the same way.
5. Cut out the trees and add a top coat with Creative Imaginations Luminarte Twinkling H2O Ice # 29030 from the Holiday Sparkle collection. Let dry.
6. Use Xyron Mega Runner to glue along the edges of the trees on the back.
7. Stick the trees back to back leaving some opening near the top. Stuff some cotton balls in to make a puffy ornament. Add a strip of fabric or piece of ribbon folded in a small loop at the top. Seal all the edges and stitch for a finished look.
You can also personalize your tree ornament with stickers, stamps, etc. Hope you enjoyed the project and will use these products to create your own handmade Christmas ornaments this year!
1. Faber Castell Design Memory Crafts Mixed Media Aquarelle & Ink: GREEN (#770202)
2. Faber Castell Design Memory Crafts Color Gelatos® 4ct - GREEN (#770158)
3. Creative Imaginations Luminarte Existencil Expressions 12x12 Stencil
4. Creative Imaginations Luminarte Twinkling H2O Holiday Sparkle 29030 Ice
5. Xyron Mega Runner
6. Watercolor paper/ Canvas
7. Sponge/another blending tool
8. Any background stamp you may have
9. Sewing machine/needle & thread
10. Cotton balls
11. Ribbon/ strip of fabric
Mou Saha Mou won the Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame in 2007, was a member of their Dream Team in 2009 and you've seen her work in numerous craft publications. She currently collaborates with 7 Gypsies, Anna Griffin, Glitz Design and October Afternoon.