Blog Hop with Creative Imaginations and Xyron: Ómbre card
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft will be pairing up with Creative Imaginations and Xyron for a Christmas blog hop! For the coming days, we will post a Christmas craft on our blog. Don't forget to stop by Xyron and Creative Imaginations for more Christmas inspirations!
Want a bigger prize? Just leave a comment on our blog hop posts (we'll release them over the next two weeks). Our favorite commenter will win a $100 prize pack!
1. Using newspaper to catch glitter, spread a thin layer of gel medium over the white side of a die-cut shape. Use your finger or a brush.
2. Sprinkle glitter over gel medium, press glitter into gel medium, shake excess, and set aside to dry.
3. Sharpen art grip colored pencils.
4. Using the lightest shades of red and green, color over the holly branches.
5. Using the next darkest shades of red and green, color over the holly branches again, adding the darker colors toward the bottom. Repeat using the darkest shades of red and green coloring the bottom portion to create an ómbre color effect or gradient color effect.
6. Using the waterbrush & vavoom red luminarte watercolor paint, paint some of the holly berries in the lower portion of the card where the color is the darkest.
7. Repeat using the emerald luminarte watercolor paint, but on the darkest lower portion of the branches.
8. Spray entire card front with Radiant Rain shimmering mist in pearl green.
9. Use the Xyron Gluestick to adhere papers and pieces that are still damp (card front). Use the Xyron Mega Runner to adhere papers and pieces that are completely dry (glitter die-cut, santa die-cut).
- A2 card base (Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph foiled paper)
- 4" x 5.25" card front (Creative Imaginations Christine Adolph music notes)
- Creative Imaginations Holly Jolly die-cuts
- Creative Imaginations Luminarte Watercolors (vavoom red, emerald)
- Creative Imaginations Radiant Rain shimmering mist (pearl green)
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art Grip Colored Pencils (166, 158, 121, 126, 133)
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Textural Accents Sampler (Gel Medium)
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Waterbrush & Pencil Sharpener
- Martha Stewart Snow Glitter
- Xyron Adhesives (Glue Stick, Mega Runner)
Tiffany Johnson Tiffany is a hard-working mother and wife whose creativity & sense of humor shine in her paper crafting projects, in her clever video tutorials, and on her blog "iheartart." Tiffany also designs for Hambly Studios, Lawn Fawn, Clear & Simple Stamps iPhone App, and CupCards To Go.