For all of you that could not make it to the CHA Winter Show and the Design Memory Craft Mixed Media Workshop with Donna Downey,here is the complete project shopping list and steps to completing the dimensional Mixed Media Canvas. Enjoy!
Design Memory Craft Mix & Match Gelatos
Design Memory Craft Stamper’s Big Brush in Scarlet Red and Chrome Green
12”x12” Stretched Canvas
12”x12” Canvas Fabric
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue
May Arts Green Ribbon
Prima Blue Butterfly
Preserved Reindeer Moss
1. Use Gelatos to stamp large foam stamp on background 12 x 12 fabric canvas
2. Use Gelatos to color background
3. Crumple white register tape strips and adhere to right side of one banner and left side of the other
4. Ahere ribbon length to hide adhered edge of paper ruffle
5. Rub Gelato along paper ruffle edge and spritz lightly with water to add color
6. Tear book text into 1" strips, crumple and adhere around the entire edge of the
12 x 12 stretched canvas
7. Apply big brush to large hollyhock wood mounted stamp and stamp onto dry background
8. Adhere banners to bottom right side of fabric canvas background so that they overlap at the 90 degree angle.
9. Adhere canvas fabric background to stretched canvas to conceal glued edges of booktext ruffles
10. Fold over banner and tack into wood frame of stretched canvas.
11.Adhere moss, butterfly and photo (optional)