Happy Autumn! Best time of year in my neck of the woods where the weather turns crisp, the trees change to beautiful colors and we can break out the warm sweaters and hot cocoa! It's the shortest season yet the one I wish would last longer!
The project that I'll be showing you this week is for a Halloween mixed media card. As a kid, my mother always instilled in us to send mail. Thank You notes, Birthday cards, Sympathy cards, Thinking of You cards. Whatever the occasion was, she would always send a card in the mail. And I think that form of communication is really starting to fade away, which totally bums me out. I love getting mail (other than bills, of course!) Who doesn't like to go to their mailbox and open it to see a nice card from somebody special?
Hey everyone it's Lisa with you today this first day of October. (Can you believe it?!!) Now I must admit, I'm really not a fan of Halloween, but I love the colors of Autumn AND Halloween and I thought that breaking out my Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils for a sweet card would be just the thing.
Here are the steps to make this cute Halloween card:
1. Stamp images using Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Black onto watercolor paper.
2. Using select colors from Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils carefully color in images. *Tip - When coloring in images, be "loose" with color placement. Start with darker colors at bottom and top, then work lighter colors towards the center. This works best for round images.
3. With Deluxe Water Brush go over the penciled in areas to create a blended, watercolored look. Work from bottom to center and from top to center. Dab off excess water with paper towel, if necessary. Add additional color if desired, and re-wet/blend. Be careful not to over-saturate the paper.
4. Stamp small spider with black pigment ink, heat set with clear embossing powder.
5. Die-cut all images with matching dies.
6. Stamp sentiment on to white paper with black pigment ink, heat set with clear embossing powder.
7. Attach foam squares to the backs of pumpkins and spider. Arrange and attach all pieces to pre-cut piece of 4" x 4" patterned paper.
8. Draw curly web for spider using Essential PITT Artist Pen.
9. Adhere Sentiment.
10. Card base is standard A2 sized black card stock folded on the horizontal edge. White card stock trimmed ⅛" smaller is adhered to the black card base. A piece of purple glitter cardstock is trimmed to 2" wide and 5⅜". This piece is adhered to the lower portion of the white cardstock. The patterned paper square (with the pumpkins, ghost, and spider) is adhered on top of that.
This is a super simple, super sweet card that really packs a punch to show off those Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils.
Thanks so much for joining me today on this spook-tacular October 1st. ;)
Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils Yellow
Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils Red
Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils Green
Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils Neutral
Essential PITT Artists Pens Black
Stamper's Big Brush Pen - Black
Deluxe Water Brush
GRIP Triangular Sharpener
Have an amazing week!
Greetings, partners in crime.
I though I would go multiple this time. Multiple victims. Multiple techniques. Multiple colours. At first, I aimed at 3 victims ... but I soon realized I couldn't stop there ... So I eventually ended up sacrifying 7 of them.
Thought you might want to see them. So here we go.
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® is a leading manufacturer specializing in high quality art supplies including pens, color pencils and watercolor pencils for art, crafts, scrapbooking and papercrafting.
We're looking for talented designers to help promote our brand for design, memory and papercraft applications from November- February 2015. The successful applicant will need to work well with deadlines and consistently produce projects of high standard.
As part of the Design Memory Craft Guest Design Team you will:
Please send us the following information by October 19th, 2015 4pm EST via email to email@example.com ‘Design Team Application’ in the subject line.
***Please note that late submissions will not be accepted***.
The Guest Design Team will be announced on October 21, 2015.
Missed last night's Ustream class? No problem! You can still catch the video here.
Thank you to everyone who logged in for the class! It was really interesting to see how many of you are already working on your Christmas projects:) Maybe we'll do a customized gift project for our next class? What would you like to see us make? Let us know and we'll do a class for the most popular vote!
And now onto the winner for last night's Ustream class...congratulations to @Mekofosho! Thanks for being a part of our class last night!
Are you on the lookout for a new DIY accessory? Join us tonight at 9PM EST on Ustream to learn how to make this adorable necklace with Jen Matott!
This class will be using a combination of the Gelatos, Stamper's Big Brush Pens, and embellishments.
RSVP here: http://ow.ly/SAZsv
Thanks for stopping by our blog hop with Linnie Blooms! We'll be sharing easy, mixed media projects this week. To enter in our giveaway, make sure to stop by each day and leave a comment. One winner will receive $50 in Design Memory Craft products. The giveaway will end on 9/27. Good luck!
Hey everyone, Mou here with today's hop project and it's a banner!
C'est une très belle page Marie-Eve. Je l'aime beaucoup. Et j'ai aussi aimé ton tutoriel.
Super adorableness! You are SO good with those colored pencils!!! Your punkin's are glowing!!! :D
Your butterfly tags are gorgeous Kasia, can you please tell me which stamp you used to make the lowercase letter background? Or were they just individual letter stamps?
Delightd to have found your inspiring blog and you lovely videos.
Warmest wishes from across the miles here in France.
@Ria- it is open to international designers! :)